How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27230
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question. I paid lawyer son. I paid in full. I have

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** have a question. I paid for a lawyer for my son. I paid in full. I have done everything this is to do. But she seems to be to busy, not answering calls and not doing a job. She has admitted that she has been slacking. Now she bring an offer that is ridiculous. She didn't even no all the information bout the case either. I'm a very patient person and I let people do there job. But when I feel like u don't have to give it ur all cause u got ur money. I want a fair deal. I don't know what to do. My son is guilty but not what they are offering. So as a mother I'm willing to do what I need to do. To make this fair at least
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Can you share with me what exactly your question is? I understand that you are upset with her and her representation but what are you asking for at this time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it wise for me to pay for another lawyer. Really don't have the money but willing
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. Paying for new counsel, does not mean a better off will be made by the prosecutor. It does mean you may find an attorney who is able to work the case and could find defenses or arguments to make, which could effect the offer and give your son a better chance to fight this and go to trial or a better plea deal. Prior to paying another attorney, tell them what the offer is and what you want and expect and ask them if they can meet your expectations. If they are more experienced, they may have more knowledge, which could help the case. As a parent, we always want the best for our kids. However, sometimes the facts of the case do not necessarily allow a fair deal or the case is handled by a prosecutor who is tough to deal with. I know it is not ideal or fair but the reality of the system

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.