LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I recently had a stay i a hospital with no

Customer Question

Hello,I recently had a stay i a hospital with no benefits.Preliminary bill is 60,000.00 plus.My question is can I make arrangements to make monthly payments and protect my savings and small IRA?Thank You John C Mulcahy
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

John, good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, you can contact the hospital and explain to them your financial situation. You can ask to make and set up payment arrangement and they should work with you. They are going to ask you what you can afford to pay each month, so you should have an idea ahead of time. Moreover, you can also ask if they are able to discount the debt/amount owed, as they will sometimes work with you, to lower the overall cost. Just keep in mind, the amount you offer, should be somewhat reasonable

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!