How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was divorced over 40 years ago and reverted to my maiden

Customer Question

Hello: I was divorced over 40 years ago and reverted to my maiden name - the name on my passport,W-2's, drivers license, work records and all other identification. However, the Social Security Administration still has my married name on record and will not allow me to sign up for Medicare or collect Social Security since my name is "wrong" according to their files. They offer no solutions, only a different "runaround" every time I call. I only have 90 days left to enroll for Medicare before being penalized for late enrollment but they wont let me enroll. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


Have you tried to obtain a copy of your decree of divorce from the court?

If yes, what was the result?