Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

My daughter is currently in a addiction clinics in Pa. Today

Customer Question

My daughter is currently in a addiction clinics in Pa . Today she called me and told me that a conversation I had with a Ra regarding my daughter was discussed with other patients in the facility my daughter filed a complaint with the facility today .. And is causing her severe anxiety and thinking about leaving . What is out next step
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Were the statements you made to the RA part of what they needed to know to admit her? Were they statements you made to help with her treatment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically the Ra stated that my daughter had a meltdown and was having a problem opening up to other woman and I stated she seems to get s long better with men and I'm really hoping she is doing well there because I will be sending her out to California next because we have good insurance so the Ra tells other patients in the facility that my daughter will just open to males because she love flirting with them and also discussed our plans of sending her to another clinic when. My daughter is done there.. And was talking about my insurance .. To others patients who came to my daughter and told what was said its hard enough getting kids to agree to these clinics but bull shot like this occurs and caused my daughter to call me tonight and is thinking about leaving which is not in her best interest

OK. If these were statements made in furtherance of her medical treatment, it may violate HIPAA, the health information privacy law. All HIPAA violations should be reported to Health and Human Services, which you can do here: http://www.worldprivacyforum.org/2013/09/hipaaguide-right-to-complain-to-the-secretary-of-hhs-46-50/