How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of lawyer do I seek concerning a doctor that

Customer Question

What kind of lawyer do I seek concerning a doctor that rubbed his penis on me during a procedure that I was unable to speak or move for around 17 minutes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

This is both a criminal matter, and a civil one.

You can speak with a civil litigation attorney and/or a medical malpractice attorney (a medical malpractice attorney is a specialist that focuses on claims against doctors and health care providers, while this claim does not fall into the traditional claim of falling below the standard of care for a medical procedure causing harm - it is an actual sexual assault (again both criminal and civil), they will definitely be able to assist you, and having this background they will be able to help navigate the claim to help you acheive the most efficient recovery.

(This kind of conduct should be dealt with in both criminal court (law enforcement), civil (a civil suit against the provider), and administratively (the medical board - i.e. removing their license to practice medicine).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).