P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I am a contractor in NJ. I replaced sidewalks customer.

Customer Question

I am a mason contractor in NJ. I replaced sidewalks for my customer. During the evening the concrete was vandalized by graffiti. The direction of the writing indicates his college student tenants committed the crime. While stripping forms the next day my brother asked a tenant in passing about the graffiti, to which he responded "we had a party and I guess we got carried away" Workers left the property about 8:30pm and at that time the concrete was perfect and covered by heavy winter tarps and 2x4's. Am I responsible for the damage and thus need to replace it?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

What you are describing, you are not liable for this...that is, if you had a job to replace the sidewalks, and you did...and, after your work was complete, someone else defaced/damaged the work? That is not your liability.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.