Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

I signed up benefits to start in March but I really want to

Customer Question

I signed up for SS benefits to start in March but I really want to wait til November can I change this?
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, as long as you are not 70 years of age, you can withdraw your application for benefits. However, a person can only do this once, so you want to ensure that when you do this that you won't want to do it in the future. You can read about your rights to do this at the following link: https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/withdrawal.html

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you.