CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

The police came in my mom's where I live and arrested me

Customer Question

The police came in my mom's where I live and arrested me claiming to have a warrant for dealing a year before but produced no warrent. After getting to the jail the officer walked over to the court house and then got a warrent. Is this legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

No, the officer required a warrant prior to entering.

You will want to ask your lawyer about excluding evidence found during the search from any trial that you may have. (The prosecutor's office may decide not to prosecute based on a "bad search").

If you are not currently represented by counsel, get an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, request one from the court. Do not attempt to represent yourself in this kind of criminal legal action, and do not speak to law enforcement without your attorney present (be respectful, but firm - request a lawyer to be with you during any questioning, informal or formal).