How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The police came in my mom's where I live and arrested me

Customer Question

The police came in my mom's where I live and arrested me claiming to have a warrant for dealing a year before but produced no warrent. After getting to the jail the officer walked over to the court house and then got a warrent. Is this legal
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

No, the officer required a warrant prior to entering.

You will want to ask your lawyer about excluding evidence found during the search from any trial that you may have. (The prosecutor's office may decide not to prosecute based on a "bad search").

If you are not currently represented by counsel, get an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, request one from the court. Do not attempt to represent yourself in this kind of criminal legal action, and do not speak to law enforcement without your attorney present (be respectful, but firm - request a lawyer to be with you during any questioning, informal or formal).