Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My sister scammed us out of $34,000 over the last couple of

Customer Question

My sister scammed us out of $34,000 over the last couple of months on the pretense of having her mouth restored with dental implants, we had her sign IOU's with dates and amounts and date it was to be returned, she also gave us the title to her car (signed) in the event a loan could not be taken out in her name and we could hold the title till the amount was paid off. Well she had met a army-airforce special forces guy on facebook and supposedly they fell in love, he got wounded and on his mission his group found gold bars, so if she could send him money he would send back the gold and his retirement papers so he could return to the states, and they would marry. We had told her from the beginning, this person, who was in Lybia, or North Africa was a scam, she didn't believe us, so she went to western union to send cash, the lady there told her it was a scam, so from there she went to the army base in town and was told the same thing. All this time we did not know she was still texting him, and begged us for money to help her get her teeth fixed, all lies and promises broken. What I would like to know is can we send the title to DMV, and have it put into our names? She had also given me a $20,000 check which I tried to deposit yesterday and the bank would not accept it. Today I went to the Multnomah County Sheriff's office, there are no officers on duty there, so she sent me to the East Precindt, they inturn told me to call their non emergency number and an officer would come out to make a report, now they tell me to contact a lawyer, can you help us please, John and Marie Cassim(###) ###-####
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma

Did she release title to you (sign off on the title)?