LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I received a telephone call this afternoon from a lady who

Customer Question

I received a telephone call this afternoon from a lady who said she worked for the government Grant Department. She asked me some questions, then said that I qualified for a $7000.00 Government Grant to use any way I wanted that did not have to be repaid to the government. She gave me a Grant approval number, the telephone to the finance department and talk to Accounting Officer Nelson Snyder who would tell me how I was to receive this money, which could be through Walmart . Is this valid or a hood wink situation?
Harlan Shirley(###) ###-####
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

It is a scam and do not get involved. They will likely have you send some money through money gram or one of those companies and at the end of the day, you will not receive anything and they will have your money and walk away. Nobody is simply giving you free money to use as you want and if you were entitled to something, simply ask them to mail you a check. Anyone can give you an approval number and the phone number and name of someone else, who can answer the phone and is in on the scam, to keep it going. Do not get involved

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!