Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I changed from transient to degree-seeking status at a new

Customer Question

I changed from transient to degree-seeking status at a new college. I was informed that I have to send the transcript from the college that I was originally degree seeking at. If I request the transcript from the new college now just to look at for myself, will it list anything about my original college even if I haven't sent the transcript yet?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The transcript would list any class records on file at that school, this would include any classes transferred into that school. If there were no transfer credits, then the only thing the transcript would show would be the classes from that one school.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the college requested that they needed that particular transcript, but I haven't sent it in yet (which I will do immediately), then my transcript will not say anything about the the other college that they need a transcript from as of right now, right?
Thank you for your reply.
No, colleges really care less about who they send transcripts to or why they are being requested. The only thing transcript from college A would say would be classes taken at College A or any credits transferred to College A from other schools, nothing else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know my question is a bit confusing. I mean will the transcript show any information at other colleges that I have attended, but have not yet sent the transcript over so that the credits will transfer?
Thank you for your reply.
No, it will not. All College A transcript shows is credits at College A. If there are credits at College B those will not be on College A's transcript, they would be on College B's transcript.