Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My Mother passed away in August 2015. She had a checking and

Customer Question
savings account at Homestreet Bank...
My Mother passed away in August 2015. She had a checking and savings account at Homestreet Bank. There was no Beneficiary tied to the account. Now they say I have to have some kind of legal form to have the money released to us. My Father is 90 years old and cannot go back and forth to court is there a form I can get have notarized so that this matter can be closed and done with Thanks Carletta Juniel
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/12/2016
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes and ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am going to assume that the accounts were only in mother's name and father was not on them..

.

Can you tell me about how much money is in the accounts?

.

Did mother leave a will?

.

Does she have other assets in her name solely or just the accounts?

.

If so, what is the estimated value of her entire estate?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer