Bought a car in cash and citi financial was putas a lein…

Customer Question
Bought a car in...

Bought a car in cash and citi financial was putas a lein holder don't know why pink slip should have been sent to our address not citi financial now j need the pink slip to sell the car but never got it how do I get it

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Bought the car in 2010 from an auto dealer paid with a cashiers check with zero balance

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/11/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If there was no lien on the car, then Citi Financial should not have received the pink slip. First thing you need to do is contact Citi Financial and attempt to work this out with them. Citi at the very least should give you a letter stating they hold no lien (which you would need to get duplicate pink slip). Second step is contact the dealer you purchased from because they will be liable to you to assist in getting a duplicate title. If they refuse, you can file on your own, with the letter from Citi saying there is no lien, for a duplicate title and if you incur any costs for doing so you can sue the dealer in small claims court for their negligent breach of your contract with them and recover any such costs.