Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Medical negligence in my opinion which took my 40 years

Customer Question

Medical negligence in my opinion which took my 40 years darling wife A Illinois born highly educated from the Elite university's and a all round professor and educational director. I am chattered and going into pain living me on February 28, 2015. I have all the medical records and some Hospital videos when she was alive struggling and no help was available can't believe can happen in the USA and that too in the Northshore health care system in Evanston IL. If an attorney fully carefully read the second opinion from the Mayo Clinic where we went on November 3rd through 7th did all the tests which were not done in the Northshore resulting in running her health and it was too late for Mayo clinic and they had no choice but to mention Pallative care. I have to get justice from the two doctors at the North Shore who were refusing us and My wife to see other doctor and said""what Mayo Clinic would do what we are not doing. Dam they were shocked after the mayo clinic report and didn't return our message for 26 days and later gave the case to another Dr in the same hospital at the Northshore who was angry as to why the case was not given to him 19 months ago as he is the specialist who was curing her but when she got the heart attack in the hospital and was on the ventilation and they refused to give CPR and only i blasted the 8 doctor and they performed the CPR but 9 minutes were wasted and caused problems and finally the r earlier doctor came when I was out for an hour and removed the tubs in my absence and without my knowledge as the tube was to be taken out on March 2nd but this doctor must be worried about the law suit came and after 8 hours my love and life partner of 40 years died in front of me and I was calling for help and help and what not for 8 hours and no one came and she died. Perhaps that was the doctor' plan. In my opinion let her die to avoid any proof and her testimony. What a shame to the Dr professional and Noble cause and to the USA justice system and we as The best country in the world should be ashamed. Pk berry
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Just because one attorney does not think the case is valuable enough for him to take it, that does not mean you should not contact several other medical malpractice attorneys in the area to present the case to them as well. You can find local medical malpractice attorneys at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com.
You need to move fairly quickly in this type of case, because under IL law wrongful death actions are governed by a two-year statute of limitations that begins to run on the date of death. See: 740 Ill. Comp. Stat. Ann. § 180/2. You will also need an affidavit and an medical report from a medical expert stating that the cause of death was a result of negligent care. See: 735 Ill. Comp. Stat. Ann. § 5/2-622.
If you have the report from a medical expert, you need to make contact with some more local attorneys for representation (state law forbids anyone on this site from taking representation of anyone from this site).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I know a medical Dr. Who would testify than 99% problem is solved. The Dr at the Mayo Clinic told that the Northshore Dr didn't do what had to be done and objectivelu wrote the same thing and if an attorney, Dr.or court or A hoourable judge reads, they would find themselves it's a medical negligence. Rather medical or conspiracy to not get better due to the law suit in my opinion. I think attorney have more leverage to get the Dr write medicalnnegligence and I have even reported to the FBI and they just want one attorney to hold my hand as many phone conversation and the videos i have at the hospital and witnesses. I would help attorney to get the maximum work done myself. I wish instead of two MBA and another top elite degrees, I had finished my JD and would have taken this case myself and I would have 100% rather 200% world have won not because I am looking for money on my darling wife and my life but justice and justice and teach doctors that they have no right to play with the patient life and put their loving husband to suffer whole life. Money doesn't mean anything to me now except to survive and living extremely extremely simple and no more travel and dining or any fun. My wife was everything for me and we were two bodies and one soul. Thanks. P Berry
Thank you for your reply.
I understand that getting a doctor as an expert witness can be difficult, but the state law requires such an expert or your suit has to be dismissed and you can be charged fees and attorney's fees from the other party.
Some medical malpractice attorneys do have doctors they work with that can review the medical records that you provide them and as I said, just because you were turned down by one attorney, does not mean you should not bring your medical records to a few other medical malpractice attorneys to see about taking the case. They will have to get a doctor to review all of those records and give a written opinion before they can file any suit.