How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I inherited my mother's house but I am having trouble

Customer Question

I inherited my mother's house but I am having trouble getting title in my name because it was made up in a trust and there is no title company that does title research for a clear title in this area. Do you know who could do that? Where?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Getting title transferred from a deceased parent into yours, ,may not be an easy task. When you say "it was made up in trust", that opens a number of questions concerning who created the trust, how it was created, when it was created, what the trust says about the use of the property and about a dozen other questions. Your question would be best handled by a personal telephone conference, which I can offer you. Otherwise, this Q and A format will have to go on for a long time. If there are no title companies in your county, then local attorneys will do title searches themselves. That is a you need to inquire of in order to ascertain what you will have to do.