Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

My dog got out of the yard and apparently put another into

Customer Question

My dog got out of the yard and apparently put another into surgery which he did not make it through. The question is am I fully responsible since the other wasn't on a leash either.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Where did the attack take place? Was it on the public sidewalk or street or on the other dog owner's property?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened from what they said in their front yard.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, if the attack happened on their property then you are liable for the damages. There is a general rule that a dog owner musk keep their animal under control at all times.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you still online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what you're saying is. That I was stupid for not prusuing the drama that took place
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry this sight is giving me issues. A couple months ago the next door neighbors dog pushed through the fence and killed 3 of our puppies. He was rabbit what you're telling me I should have done something?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

"Stupid" is not a claim. I am saying that it was negligent.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

In that case, your neighbor was negligent.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.