Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

If a motion is filed and the required fee is not paid, is

Customer Question

If a motion is filed and the required fee for filing is not paid, is the response required before the required fee is paid. (Arizona Civil Court)?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If a motion is filed and requires a response, you should always respond.....even if the filing fee isn't remitted to the clerk. You can object to the motion and claim that the court should reject/dismiss the motion because the fee wasn't paid, and answer/respond out of an abundance of caution. That way, if the party shows up in court with the fee or if the judge gives the filing party a break, you don't want to be in a position to have to ask for grace as well.