Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am currently living in a house I was forced to

Customer Question

I am currently living in a house I was forced to purchase,because my husband, who was a veteran during the Korean Conflict was very ill with prostate cancer which had metasticized throughout his body. He had a massive heart attack in l985, the lower left
lobe of his lung removed due to cancer spreading through his body. I spent all of the financial funds I was saving for our retirement on his cancer medicines.
Now as a veteran's widow my credit is not good enough to qualify for a veteran loan.
The house has deteriorated so badly that it has become inhabitable for human beings.
I am stuck here for 2 other reasons. Our oldest daughter had a benign tumor removed from her right eye, the surgeon clamped a blood vessel which led to an eschemic stroke
leaving her left side paralyzed from shoulder to left foot. I have been her only caretaker since 8/2011. In that same month, my middle daughter, a police officer, was traveling to assist another other and as she was making the turn to pull up behind the car, another driver came roaring down behind her and rammed her in the back which totaled the police car and she is a physical and nervous wreck who is in pain all
day long and night. She needs to retire with 25 years on the job, but she has other bills and she says she cannot stop work at this time. I have been her only caretaker, too, because she was placed on desk duty and Workmen's comp which reduced her income. She could not get Bank of America to cooperate with her mortgage payments and she lost her house. She and her daughter are living with me now.They both have asthma and the conditions of my house are not helping their health issues. The house has mold,
asbestos and is in need of upgraded plumbing and electrical wiring throughout the house.
My point for giving all of this information is primarily to focus on my need to get a veteran loan from the VA so my children and I can live in a healthier house. I have a house I have been negotiating with the banker, hoping he will not sell it at***** but cannot get a VA loan because my credit score is not high enough.
My husband passed in 2009 and I am sure he would be very dissappointed to know that
regardless of my situation, I should not be denied a loan.I to need how I can get a
VA loan and how to get out of this mortgage I am in.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

Are you asking if you will qualify for the VA home loan?