How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27229
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Charged with battery, no battery except grabbed a phone and

Customer Question

Charged with battery, no battery except grabbed a phone and left....victim called 911 and i was arrested and charge at my home. How di find out if my atty and the state atty are going to bring charges or not. It was he aid, she contact order, but she calls over 20 times per day leaving messages of dropping charges, then changes mind. I was also told no drinking, at which time i wasn,t drinking, took no test and only drink occaissional wine. What was the relevance....she could show no marks to police when they arrived
shouldn't my atty keep me abreast of the status...she also talks to my atty for hours and even acused his sec'y of having an affair with me! She has a criminal record and a record of instability...Can this case possibly be thrown out
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, your attorney does have an obligation to keep you up to date on the status of your case. If this just recently happened, your attorney can try and speak with the State to see if they are going to file charges, based upon the report and what allegedly happened. They may decide there is not enough to proceed on and close this out. Now, if they do file, then you will need to fight this, if nothing happened. Your attorney will make a demand for discovery and the State will turn over all the evidence they have and will use at trial. Your attorney can then depose her and gather more facts and evidence, to use at trial, to attack and discredit her. If there is a no contact order in place and she contacts you, you want to keep a record and document this and possible report it, so that she does not turn it around and use it against you.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Legal Questions