Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have had my Pennsylvania drivers license suspended because

Customer Question
I cannot pass the 120...
I have had my Pennsylvania drivers license suspended because I cannot pass the 120 degree peripheral vision requirement. I am 30 years old and driving is very important to me. If I were take up residence in West Virginia and applied for a drivers license, I cannot obtain one because of the Drivers License Compact. My visual acuity is 20/20 and I could easily pass the West Virginia drivers license requirements. If there anything that an attorney can do for me to obtain a drivers license in West Virginia if I have residence there and pass all of the requirements to drive? A restricted license of any sort would be acceptable. I do not drive commercially
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/6/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, as long as PA has a hold on your license, no other state can issue the license. You need to file an appeal with PennDOT and get a hearing before an administrative judge using an attorney and present an expert eye doctor to testify you can safely drive and then if the administrative judge denies you, you can file an appeal in court to make your argument that the requirement is unnecessary or should be waived in your case.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney