CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I have a HSN credit card in good standing. my sister who

Customer Question

I have a HSN credit card in good standing. my sister who lives with me also has a HSN credit card in her name and has defaulted on the account . My last name is ***** ***** my sisters. I cannot buy anything because HSN has block this address. Is that legal to do.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

It is legal to do (the credit card carrier can take steps to protect itself against fraud or potential fraud - Please understand, I am NOT saying you are committing fraud, but having multiple cards under different names at the same address is commonly associated with fraud, when one of these accounts goes into default, this is a "red flag" for the carrier).

You can contact the credit card carrier directly and try to work out an understanding of what is going on. Generally this is something that is dealt with in their fraud/loss prevention division and once the accounts are cleared up there is no further problems (you will be able to receive products at your address, use your card, and continue with no further problems or delays).

Make sure to start documenting your communications. Use "confirmation letters" when speaking to people on the phone - send a follow up letter promptly afterwards to summarize your conversation, what you discussed, who you talked to, what you agreed on, and any further action that was to be taken. Keep copies of all correspondence in this matter (both letters you send and receive).

This matter should be resolved quickly (generally no more than 1-2 weeks depending on the facts of your matter).