How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As a paralegal I am asking this question in behalf of a

Customer Question

As a paralegal I am asking this question in behalf of a person who has an elderly mother (90+ years) on life support for past two or more years in a foreign country (outside the US) and has not seen the family for 45+ years. The oldest brother who lives in Europe was the designated Power of Attorney and Executor of the Estate. The elderly woman on life support has outlived her spouse and all her siblings. The oldest brother (who lives in Europe) of the person who is residing in USA is now trying to sue all the family members in the US for elder support. They were not involved in any decisions relating to this elderly woman (their mother) and the brother in Europe had access to all the funds, etc. of the mother. Will this be a legitimate case for the brother to sue relatives who are distant, have had no involvement and do not know what was done with the estate funds?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Elder support is not a recognized cause of action.

Best regards,