Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

On a show that was supposed to be documentary, funded with

Customer Question

on a show that was supposed to be documentary, funded with strict rules. Signed a separate contract with production company based on the funding & the rules that was pretty broad. Not getting paid bc of docu status, but have clearly broken all the rules of funding. Wondering if I can get out of contract or make them follow the rules of funding. Or sue because I turned down money for realty tv bc I thought docuseries was safer.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

It is hard to say for sure because a written contract trumps any oral promises that are made. An attorney needs to review the contract to see potential for a breach of contract claim.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If they are clearly breaking a written contract with funding which states guidelines of documentary, and our contract is looser, but still signed as 'documentary'?

Yes if they are not abiding by the terms of the contract you certainly have a strong breach of contract claim.

If you do not need further assistance, please accept and rate the service so that it can be closed out.