Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My name is ***** ***** Camacho and my dogs were stolen

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** ***** Christine Camacho and my dogs were stolen almost three years ago by my mom during one of her mental breakdowns. I came home and they were gone. I went to civil court three times- the first two were mediation meetings and she threatened my life in front of the mediator and they did nothing. They granted me the male dog but not the female and I didn't want to seperate them The last court case the judge laughed and threw my case out without even listening to me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So the civil court cases cost me $500 that I didn't have. I contacted the breeders and got notarized letters stating I am the rightful owner and that I paid them. I have bank statements, registration with both the AKC and ABCA, and any vets in the Hampton Roads area, my dogs are registered in my name- they need an okay from me verbally to do any large/serious treatments. In late Feb of 2014, my mom called me after months of not talking and her refusing me to see or touch my dogs, she stated she was going to the hospital and needed me to pick up the dogs for one day: the hour within getting them I took them to the vet and promptly received a call from the police saying I stole them- she stated that she paid $1000 a piece for each dog and that it was grand larceny what I did. I had the text messages to show she asked me to take them and all the paperwork in my name, where as she had nothing not even a receipt for the dogs- they investigator said that it didn't matter- that I either give the dogs back or get thrown in jail
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Not a problem.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/3/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. Thank you for requesting me.

Did you return the dogs to your mother?

Tina, Lawyer