How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116706
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in an upscale neighborhood. A new shopping center is

Customer Question

I live in an upscale neighborhood. A new shopping center is being built directly across the street from the entrance to my neighborhood which I do not have a problem with except that one building facing our entrance has a two story façade. No other shopping center in any other shopping center has a two story façade fronting a neighborhood and I am not sure this is even within code. This building will, I feel, diminish our property value. Can I get legal redress to address the adverse effect this will have on my property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There is no specific building code that prevents them from building a two story facade across from a neighborhood, but all plans for these developments must be approved by the zoning and planning commission. Your sole option here to object to the design is through filing a written complaint to the zoning and planning commission. If zoning and planning refuses to make them change it, I am sorry to say that there is no other legal remedy to fight them to stop them.