Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I did not complete my 30 hrs of court order community

Customer Question
service, I received a letter...
I did not complete my 30 hrs of court order community service, I received a letter in the mail to day stating I did not comply, what can I do to rectify
this, do not want to go back in front of the judge or a warrant put on me. what can I do or is it to late to do those 30 hrs. I live in Maryland, prince George's county
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2016
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

What does the letter say apart from the fact that you did not comply? What does it tell you that you have to do?

Nobody likes doing community service. The trick is not to put it off, as distasteful as it may be, because if you do push the obligation aside, you end up in your situation. Usually, however, you can get back before the judge, preferably with your lawyer, and ask for an extension. This only generally works once, but with any reasonable excuse, most judges will give you a second shot at finishing up.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney