Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My boyfriend is covered by medicare and so am I and he also

Customer Question

my boyfriend is covered by medicare and so am I and he also has quimby insurance how will the marriage affect the insurance that he is under
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
his quimby insurance is by the state of maine
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The current QMB eligibility caps for 2015 are: $1001/month income and $7,280 in assets for an individual; and $1,348/ month income and $10,930 in assets for a couple. So, you getting married would mean your assets and income would be added to his income and assets and if it exceeds the above caps, he could lose the QMB coverage.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.