How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cannot find my x wife in order to sign off time share

Customer Question

I cannot find my x wife in order for her to sign off time share property in USA.
What is my next move?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you should consult with the Settlement/Title Company who is working with you on this and ask if they are willing to accept your sworn Affidavit that you have tried everything to contact her to no avail.

Though they might require you to first run a Notice in the Legal Section of your local newspaper stating that you are seeking her (by full Name) so the Timeshare can be sold. In other words, unfortunately, you are going to be at the mercy of the company who is working with you and what they are willing to accept as your good faith effort to contact her.