How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2157
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife had recently been discharged from a chapter 11

Customer Question

My wife had recently been discharged from a chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Her lawyer told her she had until a judge signed off of a sherriffs sale to get her things out of the house. Chase hired a company to lock it up, and secure the house. Chase gave us the security code, so that we could go and check the house and to get her things out. The house was broken into on three occasions. There were valuable things stolen.
They eventually hired a guy, to help get us out of the house. Whom we found out a later was a criminal and still wearing a leg monitor. They paid him to offer us 2000 for contents in the house, if we would go in and get our personal belongings they wold pay for whatever was left. We were told they would pay if we had it out by that nite. We hired someone to help us get it done. The next day he informed us the bank decided they would give us an additional 30 day and that Chase was not going to pay for anything inluding the the things that were stolen and or sentimental. In the meantime Chase had a sheriff sale without informing us. Chase bought the property back, and now telling us we can not have OUR things back.
We had antiques stolen and still in the home. Dishes from the 1800s, a 2000 stereo system, metal detector, a bowes speaker system and stereo, an antique 22 pistol with a pearl handle. Numerous other things broken or missing.
We used our Christmas money to hire help to move us. We had no Christmas. Chase bank NEVER informed us of a sherriffs sale or that they hired a convict to get us out. Do we have any legal recourse and how should we go about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

At this point you do need to file a lawsuit by hiring an attorney who can pursue a negligence lr civil theft of property claim.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you have any further questions, let us know. If you can "accept" the answer, then I can close it out and if you are inclined, a positive rating would be appreciated.