How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am ***** *****, and my issue is regarding restraining

Customer Question

Customer: I am ***** *****, and my issue is regarding restraining orders and appealing them
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: in 2006 my mother put a restraining order on me that I was not aware of, or served, or able to contest in court because I was unaware of it. In 2013, she said I assaulted and threatened her with a knife. The order was passed without the judge hearing me out, and she filed an assualt charge that was dismissed based on false/insufficient evidence.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: My screen is blocked by this chat, and I cannot access the page I came to look at.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: So
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was unaware that I could appeal. I need to know how to phrase the letter and what to include so when I submit the appeal request, I have written it properly so I can actually get an opportunity to appeal. I'm going to the courts today to obtain the transcript, the charging documents? and whatever she submitted for both orders.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

First, an appeal is more than just a letter. It is a complex set of documents that vary from case to case.

Second, when was the order signed from which you intend to appeal ? There is a very limited time in which you can appeal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll get a lawyer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont call, this is not helping me. ALL I wanted to do was read one page from google search
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I don't do telephone calls. However, there is no way that the answer to your question was found on one page of a Google search. If you are going to hire a lawyer then that is a wise choice and I would be glad to opt out. If you still need information I need you to answer my question and probably a few others so that I can be aware of all of the facts. As I mentioned, appals vary from case to case because the facts are different in each case. Without the facts all I, or anyone else, can do is give you general answers which won't be of any assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was informed that to submit an appeal, you must write a short letter that "bullet points" how the petitioner maliciously abused the situation to create stress for yourself. Personally, I was made homeless in 2006 by my abusers first Order, & in 2013 she blantantly falsified facts to incite an assault charge after the Order was passed. She destroyed my property, absconded with my cash money using the Order, and caused significant mental distress in initiating the situation. I can also counter sue for defamation, and destruction of property, among 3 other personal issues that I do not wish to discuss. I must file to access the documents for charging and court to proceed. I'm very drunk right now because I am remembering what they did to me. Feed your children. Hug them. If they say they are not lying... Give them positive reinforcement to not lie. Michael drove your car, Jackie. Not me. Same with your candles. I don't use, mom! Why don't you want me?