How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, I was in arizona yesterday and got a ticket section

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was in arizona yesterday and got a ticket section 28-70102A3 the ticket says I was driving 94 at 75...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the ticket, it also writes "exceed 25 mph" but I only exceeded 19 mph (94-75=19).
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today.

I am sorry to learn about your issue, please understand, you are being cited with a criminal (misdemeanor) violation (as compared to a traffic citation) and this does carry a risk of a jail sentence (this is generally a class 3 misdemeanor with a penalty of up to 30 days in jail).

Most individuals with a clean record are able to negotiate this down to a traffic citation, but please be aware of the severity of this matter going into it.

You may want to consider retaining a local (local to the county where your citation was issued) attorney to represent you in this matter.

You can represent yourself if you choose, but having an attorney will be helpful.

If you do choose to represent yourself, ensure that you appear in court on the hearing date scheduled, and that you listen carefully to what is stated by the judge and the prosecutor, generally you will have multiple hearings - the first is where you will be permitted to enter a plea (most defendants enter a plea of "not guilty" - this permits them to negotiate a plea with the prosecutor's office - if you plead "guilty" - the judge will sentence you based on the statute above).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. I had one normal traffic ticket in Oregon and two normal traffic ticket in Oklahoma. Other than those, I do not think I have any charge or record. Is my record consided as clean?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

You have multiple citations on your record - the court can consider the length of time between those violations and the date of the current citation in determining the current violation (as will the prosecutor in determining any sort of plea bargain).

Unfortunately, I cannot speculate on what the court will do with a particular case on this forum - doing so would be a disservice to you as I would be merely guessing at what a particular judge (or prosecutor) may or may not do (I don't even know which judge you will be assigned to).

But, I would definitely recommend hiring a lawyer if I were you. Reducing this matter from a criminal conviction to a traffic citation makes a huge difference.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).