Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

Will the TSA accept a MN Driver's license that has been

Customer Question

Will the TSA accept a MN Driver's license that has been invalidated as you await your renewed license? What MN does is punch a couple of small holes in your current license and supply you with supporting paperwork stating that your license is still valid/being renewed as it takes a couple of weeks for a renewed license to arrive.
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thanks for your patience.

Different experts are online at various times and I'm sorry you did not receive an earlier answer. I recently logged in and read your question.

Yes, the TSA should accept your proof (supporting paperwork) that you have applied for a new driver's license, but it has not yet arrived. They have a list of alternate forms of ID you can show, which I will include below, but if you show your expired license plus the paperwork from the MN DMV that your process to renew is ongoing at this time, they might let you go through with no problem, or do some additional screening from publicly available databases containing your information. I would recommend leaving extra time at the airport for additional screening, in the event that this happens.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

I hope this helps, you have a wonderful trip and I wish you a very Happy New year!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue. There is no additional charge for follow-ups.

Warmest wishes,

Cher