Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I SOLD TWO TICKETS TO A PERSON BACK IN OCTOBER CONCERT. I

Customer Question
I SOLD TWO TICKETS TO...
I SOLD TWO TICKETS TO A PERSON BACK IN OCTOBER FOR A CONCERT. I BELIEVED THE TICKETS TO BE VALID. IT TURNED OUT THAT THEY HAD BEEN SOLD ELECTRONICALLY AND THE HARD COPY TICKETS I HAD WERE NOT VALID. THE PERSON IS NOW SAYING THAT HE IS CALLING THE POLICE AND HAVING ME ARRESTED. WAS THIS A CRIME OR A CIVIL MATTER. I HAVE AGREED TO REPAY HIM, BUT HE IS STILL INSISTING HE WILL CALL THE POLICE
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2015
Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, Thanks. I will be waiting for your response

Technically, he can press charges against you for fraud/theft/etc.

You would have to argue that it was a mistake and you did not have the intent to commit the crime because you believed the tickets to be valid. Furthermore, if you are willing to repay him, there shouldn't be either any criminal or civil liability.

It seems unlikely that the police would arrest you if you are willing to refund the money to the person.

MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer