Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Commercial Lease Agreement This Lease

Customer Question

Commercial Lease Agreement
This Lease Agreement("Lease") is made and effective this day of December, 2015 by and between ("Landlord") and (Tenant). Landlord is the owner of land (the "Property") and improvements commonly known and legally described as:
01 55 38 4.76 AC
BEG 40.00FTN & 3718.91FTE OF SW
COR OF SEC TH N 02 DEG W 619.97FT folio 30-5***-***-****
N 89 DEG E 334.45FT S 02 DEG E
619.97FT S 89 DEG W 334.45FT TO
POB
FAU 30 5801(###) ###-#### ***** 01204 1
THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises herein, contained and other good and valuable consideration, it is agreed:
1. TERM
A. Landlord desires to lease the Property to Tenant, and Tenant desires to lease the Property from Landlord for the term of 1 year and 9 Months ___ Days beginning on the date the Lease agreement is executed and ending September 30th, 2017,the Termination Date, at the rental and upon the covenants, conditions and provisions herein set forth.The farmer is used to seeing a folio number as the address, so he asked me to write the folio number in the space to the right of the legal description as seen above. I wrote the word folio and the corresponding number using my blue pen, is it ok to write it there in that space if I get them to initialize it and I initialize it or should I insist the folio number be written in elsewhere? I do not know if this would mess up the legal description.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is fine to make a handwritten amendment to a lease agreement as long as both of you initial the change in the agreement. You do not need to rewrite the whole contract. You can include the folio number in parentheses next to the address stating "Also Know as Folio # ***** the number) and both of you initial that and it would be perfectly legal and it only needs to be written in the contract one time.