How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2138
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My life partner has been in a nursing facility 3 years with

Customer Question

My life partner has been in a nursing facility for over 3 years with anoxic brain injury, I have a paper stating that I am his surrogate. His only living relative is his mother and she lives 1000 miles away, she has agreed to transfer power of attorney over to me so it is legal and binding.. as I am at the facility everyday with him and they recgonize me to handle all of his medical concerns..but it would be much easier to have a poa drawn how do we go about doing this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your partner. You should have an attorney draft one giving you comprehensive right and authority to make all important decisions regarding his/her health and finances.