Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am a plaintiff in a small clains court,I lost the case.The

Customer Question
Customer: I am a...
Customer: I am a plaintiff in a small clains court,I lost the case.The transcript and evidence was lost by the court, reading the federal laws,it says that I have a right to review the transcript for review but I cant find the statutes. can you find ths statutes both state and federal statutes.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want a new trial because the judge erred by making her decision without the transcript which was lost by the court.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
12/26/2015
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Before I look into this Ineed to make sure you understand both how the website works and how the law works. On JustAnswer, and especially in the legal section, we often have to give the customers answers that are "bad news" or not in their favor. In addition, we occasionally can't even give a specific answer because the law hasn't ruled on that issue.

I'm more than happy to discuss this with you, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood how the system works and that you will rate me on my professionalism and not on whether the law is in your favor or not, since I have no control over that.

In addition, the law doesn't always provide an answer. In your case, since you are asking for statutory citations, most of the time there are no statutes but it takes the expert the same amount of time to do the research as it does if there are statutes since we have to look over many citations to be sure it doesn't have what you want.

With that understanding, do you want me to discuss this in more detail with you?

Tina, Lawyer