Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

H How can I bail out my juvenile immediately

Customer Question

h
How can I bail out my juvenile immediately
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Where is your child being detained? Is he in a juvenile detention center or a group home? In what US state?

As a general rule, you cannot bail out a juvenile. If he is assessed and found that he should remain at home with his family, he will be released to his family. If after assessment its determined that he should be in a juvenile facility or group home, that's where he'll be. You can call that facility and find out if there's bail set on him, but likely there is not, unless he was charged as an adult.

That said, he can't be kept in a facility indefinitely without due process of law. He would be entitled to hearings in fairly short order and come before a judge. He should have a lawyer for that date who can argue for his release back to the home. If the court is reluctant to do that, a lawyer can usually make a case to release the juvenile under house arrest or some other form of intensive home monitoring.