How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is suffering from severe ptsd and is asking but

Customer Question

My husband is suffering from severe ptsd and is asking for help but is afraid to get it. I have a power of attorney to commit him if medically necessary. Sunday he was evaluated as being borderline . his mother has demanded he has nothing to do with me. We are married. No legal separation. What legal actions can I take. He is borderline suicidal. If he losses his job he will kill himself. There is an intense out patient program at our hospital I wamlnt him in if he can't be committed to va hospital. He has made suicidal comments to me but clams up when asked by other ppl. Please advise me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

But not sure I understand your question. Are you asking what it takes in OH to commit someone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking what legal action can I take to protect my husband from family and so called friends who are blocking me from having him evaluated and commited
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want a military evaluation and treatment before he commits suicide
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.


You mention military he on active duty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ohio national guard 29 years, still in military. Also works full time for department of defense
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
Have you spoken to his commander regarding this? If so what is the commanders take on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not spoken to commander. Thank you will call him tomorrow. If not in then Monday.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

THank you

Tell me, what is your husbands position on this? Is he ready to "self admit" for evaluation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's terrified of being committed because that's not being a good nco
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He can't see a life past the military
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

THank you

So what is your question today? Are you asking the process you would need to use to commit him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't tonight. May I speak with you tomorrow?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Certainly. I am available after 9am Pacific time till the early afternoon

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I look forward to speaking with you tomorrow then.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

That is fine, you will need to accept the offer so I can provide my #. Reply here tomorrow and we can continue.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Follow up...are you still looking to talk on the phone?