How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have paid over 30,000. in a divorce case which has been

Customer Question

I have paid over 30,000. in a divorce case which has been granted . I still owe 18,000. ex wife continually bringing me back to court. Lawyer has notified me that he can no longer afford to represent me because of lack of payment. I now have a job paying 9.50 per hour,after losing my firefighter job. I am broke. What are my options, I have a Jan, 23 court date..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is the amount that you owe for alimony? Child support? Also, what state do you live in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I owe the attorney an additional 20,000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Illinois, do they provide me with any legal help if I were to go myself, I can't pay anymore money. BROKE!!
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

The only way you would be able to strip any judgments against you would be by filing a bankruptcy.