Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is there any investigative agency that has had experience

Customer Question
recovering a loss or losses...
Is there any investigative agency that has had experience recovering a loss or losses from
cases of internet online banking fraud in which the bank simply closed the account and told
the account-holder to call the police? (After which the police took a written report from the victims and five days later have shown no follow-up activity or advised the victims to take any action?)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
12/24/2015
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Generally the FBI has authority over any crime involving a bank, online or a "brick and mortar" location. You can also file a report through www.IC3.gov which is the federal agency that handles internet based crime. All they are is a clearinghouse that then sends the complaint to the appropriate investigatory agencies like the FBI or others. However, they are probably the best place to start since this is really all they do.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney