Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I visit my mom at the retirement home and and her caretaker.

Customer Question

i visit my mom at the retirement home and and her caretaker.
the home has forbidden me to set foot on the premises based on hidden information that i am a 'danger to the residents' (untrue) and they say the police will be called.
my mom is 91 and i am her only caretaker.
there is no proof of anything, i haven't done anything, and they say that they can't divulge their sources nor discuss it any further with me. is this legal?
my mom pays $6,000 a month for her apt. and is locked in in a contract.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The property owner can prohibit you from coming onto the property, and if that occurs, then you could be considered a trespasser and arrested on site......so you should take this seriously. However, if you want to see your mom at the facility, your best option is going to be to consult a local lawyer (or file yourself) and file a petition for an injunction that would allow you to access the facility to visit with your mother.......the facility may want to place some restrictions on that, but it's likely to be a result that you and the facility can live with.