Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A company started a website. But the company sucked so I

Customer Question
a company started a website...
a company started a website for me. But the company sucked so I stopped. Now 2 years later another company contacts me and says my website has been earning money on its hits. He says $30,000. Itsthrough Google. Well I had to give him $9500 for the service but he said I would get the $30,000 + the $9500 back. I had an apointment on Mon Dec 21 for some to drop off the money and no one showed. THis company never responds to my emails or my phone calls any more and now I think they are a scam. I have attached their email explaining the process.
Lorie,
The grant department had issues when deciphering between the accounts and have now issued out your grants reimbursement. Also please choose between December 21st and 23rd for your payout courier. After picking a date please issue a time between 10 AM and 12 PM or 4PM and 6PM for delivery. I will confirm this schedule and also issue you out your tracking information for the grant. I will get a more detail work order form by the end of the week with all of this information
Regards,
- Jennifer
Lorie,
I have attached your grant application, along with your account summary for your Google AdSense Account. I have also attached the terms and condition agreement. Further documentation will be sent upon update.
Per your request I have gathered the following information in regards ***** ***** Google AdSense account. Your current value with your AdSense account is $29,765.81 US.
Any and all deposits made will be refunded back to the responsible party no later than 5 to 7 Business Day(s) from date sent dependent upon verified US Tracking Number. The current security deposit required for the release of Form IS34 (Backlog Work Order Form) is as follows:$9,500.00 US. Pending regulations state that such deposit will be refunded in complete within previously stated time restraints.
Google AdSense have the following Terms and Conditions.
All publishers are reviewed for policy compliance when they submit their application.
Also, we actively monitor sites in Google AdSense to check for continued compliance with our policies. If we find sites that do not comply with our policies or Terms and Conditions, we will suspend or disable the accounts. In some cases, payment for clicks may be refused.
Regards,
-Google Administration and Records
Google Administration and Records
Account Executive
Jennifer L. Harrington ***** San Francisco, CA
Jennifer.Harrington.GINTERN.gmail.com
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
12/23/2015
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. Have you contacted google to inquire about this at all and get some answers? Also, if they said you would get the $9500 back, why did they ask for it in the first place? I am confused as to why they would not pay you money which you earned?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think because they are fraud. I tried to get the money refunded by my bank but its been too long. Can you advise how I can get the money back? They asked for the $9500 to cover the cost in getting the money to me

Thank you. Yes, it does sound like this is a scam. There should be no reason that it took that much money to deliver to you what you were allegedly owed and for them to say you would have it refunded, makes no sense at all. As such, this was a scam and needs to be reported to the FBI, for them to investigate. Here is a link to their site so you can file a complaint and if they are able to catch this person or persons, they will prosecute and try and get your money back for you.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney