How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5617
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former employer dismissed me in April is refusing to turn

Customer Question

My former employer dismissed me in April is refusing to turn over my Us 403b I had an attorney but she was no help then I called the Department of Labor and they can't get involved what other recourse do I have? It was with a church in Michigan. Thank you Jan
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Did you call the Michigan Department of Labor, or did you contact the federal department of labor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gosh I don't know I think it could be the Michigan Department of Labor. I had hired an attorneyWho just wrote letters to the church attorney And no progression was made within 7 months we filed an EEOC and it expired because I couldn't afford $5,000 to Filed the suit.She also filed an intentional infliction of emotional something or other..Which I would like to pursue because I Was dismissed Be due to The pastors continue to harassment towards me since I was the only remaining witness to his sexual Confirmed and documented harassment to one of the other employees. So I got fired. Don't know what to do now. Any suggestions?I dropped the charges for the age discrimination since Odds were against me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Along with the 403 B that they're holding their also holding my personal computer with my name on it and had once Admitted that it was mine I have that in writing Also have documentation of witnesses of the pastor sexual Harassment Towards the employee
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Well the Federal Department of Labor - Employee Benefits unit is specifically the agency that can handle a pension interference claim. You can file a claim with them here :

Because you did not file the discrimination claim within the time limit you cannot now take the matter to federal court. However, you can still sue for discrimination, intentional infliction of emotional distress and for return of your property in your county circuit court under Michigan laws, assuming three years has not passed since your termination.

P.S. I can assist you with this matter as an additional service at a fraction of the cost. Let me know if you're interested.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone call came from Covington US 859 area code..think I already already did Sight and that's when they called me today and said they could not Assist me And didn't have ideas on what to do. So how can you help me when you don't live in my city?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I didn't call you...I'm not sure what you're referring to. I can assist you with litigating the matter (I wouldn't be representing you...just assisting yuo along the way)if you desire...if not no big deal. Please positively rate my answer as it is 100% accurate.