How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

City assessed a $750 fine with me not present. This is a

Customer Question

city assessed a $750 fine with me not present. This is a final determination of liability Letter states that I must file a lawsuit seeking administrative review by the circuit court How do I file this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you were assessed a fine without you being present, that is because it was an administrative determination. So now you have to file a petition to vacate administrative judgment, which means you now need a local attorney to file the petition in circuit court. We cannot provide documents, because the court does not make them available online and you have to get the petition to vacate administrative judgment from the court library asking the librarian for the form books and copying the template from those books. You file the petition with the clerk of circuit court and you have the agency that assessed the fine served a copy of the suit and summons to vacate and the case can be pursued in the court.