How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117385
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am filing a civil law suit against my wealth sister and

Customer Question

I am filing a civil law suit against my wealth sister and brother in law in the state of Ohio. I live in Florida and my Mother died in Florida. The Will my Mother had executed in Ohio made me sole "heir." Mother state in Will that my sister only sibling had already received enough from her and state things she had already received. While in Ohio and my Mother still alive but moved to Assisted Living in Ohio my sister and brother in law who are wealthy and greedy entered my Mother's rented home immediately after her move to assisted living and proceeded to loot and steal thousands of dollars of my Mother's entire home including rare European and American Antiques. My father was a lt. Col in the U.S. Army. My sister and husband proceeded to take my storage keys and loot my storage in Ohio and steal valuables of at least $50,000 from me. The housekeep broken hearted admitted to me she gave my sister my storage keys and the keys to the storage where I had paid people to move mother's entire wealth until I got up to Ohio from Florida. My mother's attorney went with me and we discovered in the two storage bins Mother's entire wealth and most of mine was stolen. I am listed as on heir in Florida probate as, I had to move Mother to Florida due to my sister and her husband abuse and threats to take over in her assisted living. I was forced to remove mother from harms way. No prosecutor in the county where this happened will prosecute or investigate and I have make three theft reports to Sheriff. My brother in law is a wealthy business man in the town and is the "untouchable." I am filing law suit civil in a second fair county where Mother had her legal document filed the Will and where the theft occurred. My brother in law also used his friends in the local bank to take over Mom's bank account until I got it back and put it in a bank near her assisted living. I am sole heir, sole POA, and have nothing. I am a trial investigator and putting all this together and discovery. No lawyer will l take the case without thousands of dollars upfront. I understand so, I am doing myself. The Attorney General of Ohio, Mike XXX's little girls answering phone are rude and won't even talk to me and say nothing AG can do. I left voicemail to his assistant to no return call. Who helps a cry in the dark? Going to capital of Ohio tv people and Zanesville media as soon as my complaint filed. Need help from wealthy monster looters. Penny XXXX in Floirda ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
While the attorney general may not handle the matter, the district attorney in the county where this occurred can look into filing criminal charges for theft against them for their conduct. Furthermore, just because the attorneys in the county may have some conflict with your brother in law, nothing is preventing you from getting an Ohio attorney from one of the nearby larger cities to that county to represent you in the suit. The attorneys from the larger cities are not likely to be part of the good old boy network with your brother in law and will likely better represent your interests.
So your options are going to the county DA and also getting an attorney from one of the large cities nearby and not from the small town where your brother in law has influence.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Please use REPLY here and I can continue with you.