How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a member of My webcam was used by me to

Customer Question

I am a member of My webcam was used by me to display me in the nude to other members. Somehow two nude videos of me were made and are available on search engines. I wrote to the websites that disseminate the videos and asked them to stop the dissemination. Also I write to the website that possesses the two videos and asked for the videos deletion. I invoked DMCA protection. The websites have not replied to many e-mails from me. Can they be required to comply? How!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.
Unfortunately, posting your own photographs or videos online (even if you are posting them in a chat forum vs a website) does create a significant hurdle when trying to claw back these videos.

Here is a very helpful guide to recovering online videos and images that are being used without your consent:’s-first-thing-i-should-do-when-unwanted-images-appear-online

The most effective thing to do here is likely going to be hiring a local attorney to write a "cease and desist" letter on your behalf - while it may not be cost effective to actually litigate this matter - an attorney can write a few letters and make some phone calls on your behalf for a relatively small fee. (A lawyer does not give you additional rights, but they do give you additional leverage (which is what you need in this type of matter)).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).