Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have been in the hospital days. They had an l2k hold on me

Customer Question
i have been in the...
i have been in the hospital for five days. They had an l2k hold on me but never sent me to the physiatrist. Because hey claimed they needed to clear me of the possibility of TB. Now they are saying I can be held longer without review and still have more time to clear this hold. The thing is someone else said I was suicidal and I from the beginning have denied that was true. The person said it to cover themselves.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
IF you are only there for allegedly TB, they cannot hold you longer against your will without a court order. If they want to use the mental health hold, they must get you examined and if they refuse and will not allow you to leave, then you can file a suit in court against them for false imprisonment and also for a court order to make them release you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney