Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My boyfriend is being denied s kis even with cort ordered

Customer Question

My boyfriend is being denied his kis even with cort ordered papers for two weeks now cause of one mistake he made. What can we do? His ex was to bring them and get them tomorrow but now she is refusing and sending them some where else all the sudden so he will not get them on his already cort ordered date again..
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Can you explain what you mean by your BF made a mistake?

.

How does this affect any court ordered visitation schedule?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He had too much to drink. Was going to put kids in car, but I had to call their mother his ex to come get them. He has not been allowed since then to see them. They had an agreement for tomorrow that she would bring them and drop them off but at last min he can't see them. There is a court order that he gets them on his days off and she has gone against that the last two week ends and he will be going on weekend so he is to have them all week long which she is not allowing him either.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if he had been drinking but there was nothing pursued in court to stop any visitation rights, then the mother can't arbitrarily decide that he doesn't get to see the children. If she has a concern, then she would have to take it up with the judge that put the order in place.

.

However, if she refuses to deliver the children as the order states, then his recourse is to file a motion for contempt of court with the judge who entered the order. This will force the mother to appear in front of the judge and explain why she is willfully violating the judge's order. The judge can penalize her by amending the order to give him more time to make up for any lost time as well as threatening to put her in jail for contempt for future violations.

.

.

thanks