Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Here's one qualifier. I have Farmer's Specialty Insurance,

Customer Question
Here’s one qualifier. I have...
Here’s one qualifier. I have Farmer’s Specialty Insurance, it’s a special plan for rideshare drivers. It covers me, even if my app is on. However, the minute I take passenger into my vehicle, Uber’s insurance takes over. Uber’s carrier will repair my car; however, I still have to pay a 1K deducible, regardless as to fault. I don’t have 1k to toss, but I will scrap it up if it means getting back on the road. So, as a result, I have to go after this person myself. Plus, what about lost income? If I don’t drive, I don’t get paid.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Expect your damages to be limited to the actual cost of repair for the vehicle.

If you have to rent a vehicle for the period of time that your car is actually in the shop - you may be able to recover that money, but do not count on it.

You will not recover lost income for this accident. (I am sorry).

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney