How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do i have to do to will my home and land trucks ok

Customer Question

what do i have to do to will my home and land trucks ok everything to my grategrand daughter and be abel to make sure that no but her get it. i am not a smart person i know nothing about law but i want to make sure it goes to her only her and she only 1 year old is this even possiable
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

It actually is very possible to leave your possession to your great grand daughter. The best way to accomplish this task is to place the possession is a trust. You can place them in what is called a living trust, meaning that you can use them until your death, and when you pass, all of the property will go to her.

You are really only limited by your imagination as to how you want the trust to accommodate her. You can have her gradually take possession of items once she reaches 18 or 21 or older.

You will want to have a person named as the trustee to oversee the distribution of the assets to her and to make sure that things like property taxes and the like are taken care of. The trustee either needs to be a person in the family you trust with your life or an attorney that you trust. I would go with the attorney route as the trustee. As a matter of fact, you can have the attorney that drafts the trust act as the trustee.

This is a very common practice and something that your great grand daughter can use to her benefit for a long time.

I suggest that you seek out a wills & estates attorney in your area to draft the living trust document. You can specifically name all of the property that will go into the trust, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars). There is a rating system on your end wherein you can rate my response.

Best wishes!

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in on you to see if you had any other questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thank you!